More than 75 people pulled on gumboots and gardening gloves at Oxlade Reserve, North Kellyville recently to enhance their much-loved community space with native trees and plants.
If you have a passion for your local environment, Bushcare volunteers are needed across the Shire.
Joining a Bushcare group is the perfect way to connect with your community, help restore the local bushland and learn about native plants and weeds.
All ages and abilities can get involved and no experience is required. Council supplies all tools, supervision and training.
Activities include weed removal, planting, plant identification, fauna monitoring, seed collection, plant propagation and workshops.
Just some of the bushcare groups in the Hills include:
- Annangrove Park
- Bella Vista Farm Park
- Bellbird Creek West Pennant Hills
- Bidjiwong Community Nursery Baulkham Hills
- Blue Gum Creek Reserve Annangrove
- Castle Hill Heritage Park
- Connelly Way Kellyville
- Crescent Reach South Maroota
- Crestwood Baulkham Hills
- Ellerman Park Round Corner
- Holland Reserve Glenhaven
- Kenthurst Park
- Knightsbridge Castle Hill
- Maria Lori Reserve Rouse Hill
- Saw Mill Creek Baulkham Hills
- Sophia Doyle Reserve Baulkham Hills
- The Bush Track Glenhaven
- William Joyce Reserve Baulkham Hills
If you’re interested in finding out about your local group call 9843 0108 or 9843 0562, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit Council’s website and search for Bushcare.